Our smelting experiment was in August 26th 2016 at my home. It was interesting alhough we did not succeed in taking the bloom out of the furnace at the right time, seconds were important. But we have learned a lot of techniques and also about additives. Our conlusion was that we have to turn back to the technology that we used in 2001. The silicon addition is neccessary with our ore to get liquid slag. Usage of ore powder is harmful for slag and for bloom. The bottom of furnace must be changed using only brick and argil without steel frame.
My aim is to come as much as possible close to the ancient technology.
Analyses of smelting experiments .....read more